Friday, November 23, 2007

Please Don't Help Me

The other night I was trying to get the basement, our predominant living space, cleaned up before my head exploded. The boys had eaten their dinners downstairs, so I asked them to take their plates upstairs while I finished cleaning.

Luke dropped his cup and spilled his water all over the floor. No big deal – just another mess to clean up.

Jack dropped his plate which dumped the rest of his sandwich on the floor. Shasta gobbled it up before we could stop her. She later vomited all over the carpet.

In my male-dominated household (MDH), help from boys isn’t always helpful.

4 comments:

Loth said...

Yep. I trained mine to load their dishes into the dishwasher. Couple of days ago they did so by balancing their plates on top of a big dish on the bottom rack and when I opened the dishwasher later, the plates fell out and smashed.

Unknown said...

Help from girls or husbands isn't always helpful, either... Tree Faerie LOVES the dishwasher and tries to help unload it, whether the dishes are dirty or clean...

Stacie said...

I know what you mean! I know I need to teach him to do these household chores, and do them right, so he will be a capable man and his future wife will thank me, but sometimes it's so much easier to do it myself. So we just keep teaching and cleaning and praying that one day it all sinks in!

Unknown said...

Sometimes having them help is not such a good thing. LOL I have 1 boy and that is more than enough. :-)

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!