Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Saying Goodbye

Some days we are faced with reminders of our mortality and the fragility of these bodies we are given; our life here on Earth is only temporary. What we do with those reminders …

Our reminder came twelve years ago when our dear friend, Brian, was diagnosed with an aggressive, malignant brain tumor. Brian was in his early twenties, healthy, smart, athletic, a newlywed with a lifetime of dreams ahead of him. For the next twelve years Brian would vigorously fight back the cancer. With his wife Angie, he would live a life of incorrigible hope and faith, never feeling sorry for himself or falling into despair. He would unknowingly bring hope and restore the faith of untold others that passed through his life. He would do this humbly, never feeling special or out of the ordinary for what became his lot in life.

I am devastated and heartbroken to say that Brian lost his battle with cancer on this day. The world is darker today, but anyone that says Heaven cannot be improved upon is wrong because I know, with Brian there, it just got a whole lot better.

12 comments:

OhCaptain said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Unknown said...

I just read Angie's post. Even though I never knew him or Angie I feel a sense of loss this morning. Sorry for your loss of such a good friend.

Karla and Ben said...

give john a hug from me. i dont care what he thinks. it sucks to lose a best friend.

Rosemary/sonrie said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

Anonymous said...

I read her post this morning, and even though I knew it was coming, it still came as a shock. I'm so sorry.

Unknown said...

hey cus, i'm sorry to hear about your loss. you'll be in my prayers.

Beth Cotell said...

I was so sad to learn that Brian died. I have been so inspired by Brian and Angie's faith in God. They have touched more lives than they will ever know.

Angie and the boys and all who knew him are in my prayers.

Damama T said...

Angie's post title, "home", says it all perfectly. Brian is finally home.

You are a good friend to have said such wonderful things here and to have been so supportive through all that family is enduring. You have blessed them greatly.

Hugs and prayers for all of your hurting hearts.

peepaw/peeps said...

H & JTrue friends wonderful times memories which live on We are sorry for the world's loss yet heaven has gained a beacon and the world is a better place because of Brian Prayers to all Love to youYour familyPaul

Kathy said...

I very sorry for your loss.

Laski said...

My heart is just broken . . . but I am so inspired by Angie's grace and commitment. By her and Brian's love for one another.

My heart goes out to her, her family

and to you and your family . . . her wonderful friends.

Shan Nan said...

I have no idea where i am going? I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end...But this, I Believe...The desire to please you does in fact please you.I hope I never do anything apart from that desire. And i know that you will lead me by the right road, though i may know nothing about it at the time. I will trust you always for though i may seem to be lost,and in the shadow of death,I WILL NOT be afraid because i know you will NEVER leave me to face my demons(big or small) all alone:) With our deepest regards and Love...Sue, Paul, and Shannon... You and Brian have never been "victums", no Mam, You are "Victors" who never,nor will ever, stop fighting the good fight! What an inspiration you are!!!