Thursday, November 26, 2009

Simple. Innocent. Loving. Real.

My son Jack is a caring, sensitive child with overflowing empathy. He often will give answers such as "World Peace" or "To End Hunger" when asked what his wishes are. And I'm sure he does want these things, but is he giving the answer he thinks he should give, the answer that he thinks adults want to hear?

Jack's school Thanksgiving assignment gave a glimpse into the real Jack, and I liked what I read. It reminded me that there is a child inside that head of his.

What I am Most Thankful For

I am most thankful for my family. One reason I am thankful for my family is because they love me. I am also thankful for them because they buy me food. I also love them because they buy me stuff. They are a great family because they let me watch t.v. Those are some reasons I am thankful for my family.

3 comments:

OhCaptain said...

Love, food, stuff and TV. What every growing boy needs :-)

Happy Thanksgiving!

OhCaptain said...

Love, food, stuff and TV. What every growing boy needs :-)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Kathy said...

At least he included food and love in there, but it shows he is a typical child. Happy late Thanksgiving!