Friday, January 8, 2010

Timing

The time it took for school to be canceled for a snow day from when Jack and Luke started asking for one: 68 days

The time it took them to decide they were ready to play in the snow from when they woke up: 4 hours

The time it took me to find the snow gear: 20 minutes

The time it took to find alternative snow boots when I realized the ones that fit were in John's car still covered in mud and cow poop from New Year's Eve: 15 minutes

The time it took me to convince Jack that it was o.k. to wear women's boots to play in the snow because he couldn't go out in tennis shoes and it was my old boots or nothing: 8 minutes

The time it took Luke and me to get dressed in all of our layers of snow gear: 10 minutes

The time it took Jack to get dressed in all of his layers of snow gear: 22 minutes (he is my slow child, taking after my Grandpa Kirby)

Once outside, the time it took Jack to hit Luke in the face with a snowball, successfully ending our outside time: 20 minutes

The time it took to doff all our gear it took so long to put on, shove it into the dryer so it would be ready to put back on when they decided to go back out in 15 minutes, and clean up the floor from the melting, muddy mess: 18 minutes

The time it took for me to remember snow days are not all they're cracked up to be: 0.5 seconds

4 comments:

MamaOtwins+1 said...

Snow days are never what they are cracked up to be!

Unknown said...

Thankfully around here it takes like 5 feet of snow at once to get a snow day!! I think we have had one snow day since my oldest started school 8 years ago and that was because the power went out from the storm not because there was too much snow.

Anonymous said...

I want not agree on it. I regard as nice post. Expressly the title-deed attracted me to review the whole story.

Kathy said...

We get frequent snow days in KY. Luckily, Aurea puts on hat, boots, and gloves over her clothes and she's good to go. After a few minutes she's done and ready for hot chocolate. Just like her mom!