Saturday, September 13, 2008

Saturday Laughs

Red Neck Love Poem

Susie Lee done fell in love,
She planned to marry Joe.
She was so happy 'bout it all,
She told her pappy so.
Pappy told her, Susie gal, You’ll have to find another.
I'd just as soon yo’ ma don’t know,
But Joe is yo’ half brother.
So Susie put aside her Joe and planned to marry Will.
But after telling Pappy this,
He said, 'There’s trouble still.'
You can’t marry Will, my gal,
And please don’t tell yo’ mother.
But Will and Joe, and several mo'
I know is yo’ half brother.
But Mama knew and said, My child, just do what makes yo' happy.
Marry Will or marry Joe,
You ain't no kin to Pappy.

4 comments:

3boys247 said...

Thanks for the laugh! Have a great day.

Unknown said...

LOL!! That is too funny :P

Anonymous said...

I know this is off-topic. I saw your article on the KD House Corp web page. I would love to get in touch with you as I am an alum too. If you get a chance, please email me.

Lisa Knittel Douglas EA238
ldouglas@rjn.com

Robin said...

Heather, seriously you are an EA KD? It is a really small world.

robin EA171