Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Brought...

Sleeping in until 9:00 am.

A giant, homemade card.

Promises of chores to come from Jack.

An "About My Mom" book from Luke calling me as pretty as a daisy, that I weigh 81 pounds, that I'm fun when I'm crazy but turn red when I'm mad.

A gift certificate for a pedicure.

A picnic at the park with my boys, mom and sister.

Games of ball, Cosmic Keepaway, a husband to hike through the creek and climb trees so I could lay on the blanket and drink a beer.

Cupcakes.

Love to fill my heart again and again.





8 comments:

OhCaptain said...

Sounds like an awesome day! Happy Mother's Day!

Rosemary/sonrie said...

hope you had a wonderful Mother's day!

Loth said...

Pretty darn near perfect if you ask me!

Monica said...

Sounds as if you had an awqsome day.

peepaw/peeps said...

H:
A picture may be able to paint a thousand words but your pictures paint two very important words. Love and Happiness! I am glad you had a Happy Day with your Family.
Peace
Paul

Shan Nan said...

The person i saw on MothersDay is a person who let go. A person who let the "LittleGirl" pour out in a way that reminded me of a time so long ago...My LittleSister... all though now in an Impecable Adult Shell:)A person who is Happy and Proud of who she is, what she has, and where she came from. Her struggles paying off tangibly before my eyes! The person i see is and will forever be my Sister, Heather Rae Governick/Stork and boy am i Blessed!!!!

Lisa Jo Rudy said...

What a lovely day... it's amazing how the "power of small" can just light up our lives!

Lisa

Kathy said...

How sweet! That sounds like a really fun day.