2. Two Nerf footballs.
3. One basketball.
4. Lots and lots of chips.
5. A crock pot full of Li’l Smokies.
6. Occasional breaks for Legos Star Wars on PlayStation2 (We have got to get those gold bricks to unlock the Lego tower). Thank you, DVR.
7. Several games of Sequence for Kids.
8. Surprisingly little wine or whine.
9. Not skipping past the commercials. About the time the Oscars became about “Who are you wearing?” the Super Bowl became about the commercials. Not that I’m complaining. Here’s my favorite (the woman screaming reminds me of what I would do in that situation):
10. A friendly game of Pass the Cup. Everyone puts two dimes in the cup at the start of the game (dimes provided by yours truly), and two more dimes each time the ball changes possession. The cup gets passed around the room from person to person with each change of possession. Whoever is holding the cup when a team scores wins all of the money in the cup. Such a long time passed between scoring that, by the time Luke won, there was almost $10 in the cup. He graciously shared with his brother because, “He just looked so sad.”
11. Intermittent games of keep away, touch-down tackle, tickle monster, and kissy monster running parallel and with the potential to cause as much grievous bodily harm as the one on the television.
13. A fun family night that revolved around television and for which I do night feel in the least bit guilty.