Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Bird-Brained Idea

What is this?

I'm not even going to wait for guesses because I don't believe there's anyway in the world someone who wasn't privy to it's making would guess correctly.

It is a concoction of sugar paste. And why did we make a concoction of sugar paste? Because when you're on vacation in Colorado with my Aunt Patti, you get to do fun things like this:

in an attempt to win the money for making the hummingbird feeder hat from which a hummingbird actually feeds.

And when the dance doesn't work:


and sabotage doesn't work:


you resort to putting sugar paste on your head. But that didn't work either.

Notes for next year: Be sure to put sugarwater and not just water in the hat feeders before sitting on the deck.


Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

Hmmmmm...I'm thinking you guys gt into the "sugar water" before doing this!

Sandy C. said...

LOL! You are all a hoot :)

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

That is pretty darn funny.

Don Mills Diva said...

That's the craziest looking hat I've ever seen. That is to say - I like it!

Valarie said...

That is HILARIOUS! And definitely something I could see my family doing. :)