Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Tooth Experiment

In a male-dominated household (MDH), even the pulling of a tooth has to turn into a perilous experiment.

Jack has had a loose tooth for awhile, and while eating corn on the cob at dinner last night it became even looser and started bleeding. I have to believe that, in a household not overrun with boys, a loose tooth would mean wiggling and twisting and moving it around until it fell out naturally. Then, it would calmly go under the pillow to await the Tooth Fairy.

In my MDH, a tooth this loose called for the string around the door knob experiment. Jack was all for it, even behaving very impatiently while John gathered the supplies and decided the best door to use for slamming. Luke also was teeming with excitement. He couldn’t wait to see Jack’s tooth come flying out of his mouth.

The boys were so excited in fact that John, a boy through and through, promised that they could do super jumps off of the bunk bed once the tooth fell out. He said, “When the tooth comes out, you guys can do super jumps off of the bed and mommy can go somewhere else so she doesn’t have to watch.” Such thoughtfulness.

I couldn’t bear to watch either the tooth pull or the super jumps, so I trained the video camera in the right direction and closed my eyes, waiting for the cries of pain to begin.

The String




The Celebration (Notice Jack's dancing, and the fact that he calls me a Secret Video Villain, and tells me to stop taping because I don't like it when they jump.)



Here is a video of the Ninja Kitty, discussed in another post. You see at the end that Luke stops behaving like Ninja Kitty and says that he stubbed his toe. I turned off the camera to check on him, and he Ninja Kitty kicked me when I got over to him. I should have known better.



**********************************************************************************

I saw this joke and thought women, even those not living in a MDH, would appreciate it:


When a man volunteers to do the 'BBQ' the following chain of events are put into motion:

  1. The woman goes to the store.

  2. The woman fixes the salad, vegetables, and dessert.

  3. The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils, and takes it to the man, who is lounging beside the grill, beer in hand.

  4. The man places the meat on the grill.

  5. The woman goes inside to set the table and check the vegetables.

  6. The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning.

  7. The man takes the meat off the grill and hands it to the woman.

  8. The woman prepares the plates and brings them to the table.

  9. After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.

  10. Everyone praises the man and thanks him for his cooking efforts.

  11. The man asks the woman how she enjoyed "her night off."

  12. And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women.

Submitted by Barb, Unionville, Pa.


http://www.emmitsburg.net/humor/archives/about_men/men_about_7.htm


2 comments:

Loth said...

Wow. You just SCARED that tooth out of his head! I am grateful I don't have bunk beds like that or we would have had many more broken limbs in our house than we have. Oh, and the BBQ joke? Just like in my house except I do the grilling too. Husband patrols with electric gizmo for zapping wasps.

Heather said...

When I watched the video I posted, and Jack was going "uhhhh, uhhhh," I thought that he sounded really scared and people were going to call social services on me. But, I tried to stop him from doing it and he really wanted to. I was ready to stop the whole thing if he even for a split-second showed signs of not wanting to go through with it.