Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Bird-Brained Idea

What is this?



I'm not even going to wait for guesses because I don't believe there's anyway in the world someone who wasn't privy to it's making would guess correctly.

It is a concoction of sugar paste. And why did we make a concoction of sugar paste? Because when you're on vacation in Colorado with my Aunt Patti, you get to do fun things like this:



in an attempt to win the money for making the hummingbird feeder hat from which a hummingbird actually feeds.

And when the dance doesn't work:


and sabotage doesn't work:

you resort to putting sugar paste on your head. But that didn't work either.

Notes for next year: Be sure to put sugarwater and not just water in the hat feeders before sitting on the deck.

5 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

Hmmmmm...I'm thinking you guys gt into the "sugar water" before doing this!

Momisodes said...

LOL! You are all a hoot :)

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

That is pretty darn funny.

Don Mills Diva said...

That's the craziest looking hat I've ever seen. That is to say - I like it!

Valarie said...

That is HILARIOUS! And definitely something I could see my family doing. :)