Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Think He Got the Message?

Luke and I took Indy for a walk to Jack's baseball practice. Luke rode his big wheel, and we had to cross a parking lot to get to the field. There were probably 50 or more parking spots available, but some boob decided he wanted to park in the spot directly in front of us in our path of travel.

So, while we continued to walk forward because I did not see this boob, he drove quickly into the parking spot in front of us nearly clipping Luke.

"F-ing idiot," I said under my breath. And although I whispered it and was sure Luke didn't hear me, I did actually say "F-ing" and not the more appropriate for the situation full length four-letter word.

We stopped, waiting for the man to get out of his car. When he did, I said to him, "You almost took out my little guy."

He just looked at me, said nothing, with a weird grin on his face.

Luke looked at him, looked at me and said, "He's an idiot."

I almost felt guilty, but thought maybe getting called an idiot by a 5-year would help him improve his driving in parking lots where kids will be walking.

7 comments:

Ash said...

That's hilarious! And totally something MY 5-year-old son would say.

I hope he did get the message, but sadly, experience has taught me once an idiot driver, always an idiot driver.

EM - happy visitor from June Cleaver Nirvana, and proud mom to two boys who also like to speak their minds.

Loth said...

Out of the mouths of babes......

THARULA said...

YOU KNOW READING THIS MAKES ME WISH I WAS THE FOR THE SIMPLE FACT THAT HE DIDN'T EVEN SAY SORRY OR ANYTHING, I WOULD HAVE REALLY GAVE IT TO THAT GUY BUT THERE WERE CHILDREN PRESENT SO YOU DID THE RIGHT THING.

Beth Cotell said...

This guy sounds like a jerk! Glad your little one knew how to handle things!

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

yup, idiot about sums it up.

KEEP BELIEVING

Unknown said...

LOL The guy deserved it. Sounds like something my son would say. Good for him!

Damama T said...

At least Luke didn't say "F-ing idiot." But then maybe THAT would have made a real impression on the jerk. ;o)