My boys have been on Spring Break all week. Yesterday we took them to their Grampy and Grammy’s house. They live in the country in a cute house surrounded by a spring-fed pond and creek. By our standards, here are just a few of the things that made this a wonderfully successful Spring-break day:
1. Six Ice-E-Pops between the boys, and three pieces of cheesecake for me.
2. Daddy having to kill a snake with a stick because it was trying to bite one of the dogs, and John couldn’t tell if it was poisonous or not. The boys, who were in the house during this time, thought this was totally cool, but John felt very bad about killing a snake.
3. Coming across a dead coyote along the side of the road during a hike. Man, coyotes have very big, very sharp teeth. And they are very, very white teeth. Makes me think I should be chewing on bark rather than Colgate.
4. Watching Luke reel in two fish from the pond, and then begging to let them go.
5. Watching my boys squatted in the creek, three in a line, water up to their knees, happily chatting about whatever popped into their heads while hunting for shiny rocks for our growing collection. Too bad I didn’t have my camera. Plumber's butt at its finest.
Don’t write and drive.
2 days ago