Friday, January 18, 2008

Cutting the Blue Hair

One thing about our home projects - once finished the tools tend to hang around for awhile longer. I was sitting at my desk working with Luke sitting nearby watching a show and John’s tools still spread out from the Quest for Comfort project. Luke asked for pretzels so I went downstairs into the kitchen to grab them. When I came back up, the first thing I saw (no pun intended) was this:



“Were you playing with that?” I asked him.
“No.”
“Luke, that’s a saw. Don’t ever play with a saw. That is very dangerous.”
“I wasn’t playing with it,” he replied matter-of-factly.
“Well, what’s it doing on the floor?”
“I was cutting the blue hair.”
“What blue hair?”

Luke pointed down at the very ugly, very irreplaceable because it would be too expensive and too disruptive, blue shag carpeting.

“You were cutting the carpet with the saw?”
“Yes. It’s very hairy.”

John – can you please put your tools away now?

6 comments:

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

Carpenter in the making? Hair dresser?
KEEP BELIEVING

Loth said...

Good grief, everyone knows it's nail scissors for shag carpeting!

Unknown said...

Too funny! And I find it hilarious that you have blue shag carpeting. :)

Kellan said...

How funny! Yep - gotta keep tools of any kind away from my son!! Take care and have a good weekend. Kellan

Bri said...

Looks like the green shag carpet my parents had when I was a tot. It made excellent grass for the My Little Ponys, they thought it was de-lish!

Kathy said...

Leave it to kids! They will get into anything. LOL I can't believe you have blue shag carpeting!


www.kathy-iamwhoiam.blogspot.com